Sunday, September 07, 2008

Tragedy, and a Hectic Week

After I typed it, I realized that perhaps my post title is a bit misleading. Read Randall Brown's fabulous essay Tragic Urgency in (Very) Short Fiction that's up at The Canadian Writers' Collective. Randall's a great flash fiction/micro writer, and the CWC is a great blog. Enjoy!

School beginning, meetings everywhere, things to do, people to see...that sums up my week. I can't even think about it right now, or I'll get all tense. :)

Speaking of tense, my mother treated me to a massage yesterday at Excuria Spa. Oh. My God. What a wonderful feeling. I've never had a massage before, and let me tell you I was so relaxed that I wanted to curl up and take a nap afterwards. I'd been sick all week too, which added to my stress so this was the best weekend treat ever. Naturally, though, because I was sick when I was on my stomach my nose stuffed right up and for a moment I thought I would suffocate. But I was too relaxed to care. Ahhh.

And I'm in another round of 30:30!!! Weeeeeeee! I'd better make it through this round because I've started a third round so many times that I've probably got enough poems for fifteen rounds.

Poems so far:

1. Old Fort Niagara
2. Forking Over Payment
3. The Stage After Four
4. Immolation
5. The Absent Guest
6. Talk Between the Living Before the Dead

Wish me luck, fellow poets, wish me luck!

2 Comments:

Blogger Arlene said...

hey cheryl,

i'm glad that you're feeling better. that massage sounds fab!

thanks for sharing this terrific essay. i certainly need all the tips and tricks that go behind fiction-writing.

and you'd better stick to your third round in 30:30! being older than you today, i'm empowered to whack you with my walking cane if you play hooky. hee.

a.

p.s. it's great to see you blogging again!

6:50 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

And I'm not younger than you...you just finally caught up to me!!

*waves stick angrily

and it's fun to be blogging again...but I'm ready for another massage. Perhaps that will turn into my poem for today?

see you in hel-I mean 30:30.

:)

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home